wannabetvwriter

I be a good righter.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Overheard in LA.

Yesterday, I'm out doing the last bit of Christmas shopping and this woman butts in line.

WOMAN: Where the Grey's Anatomy boxset? I've looked on the shelves. It's not there?!

The clerk behind the counter chooses to look it up and appease her, the butterer innerer, for which I'm thankful. However, as I'm standing there, I realize that it's not out yet. So, I say:

ME: It's not out yet.

She glares at me. Clearly she thinks me an idiot.

WOMAN: Uh, yeah, I saw the commercial, it's not out till Feb 14th.

Then... THEN! She has the gall to turn back to the clerk guy:

WOMAN: Well? Do you have it?

She knew it wasn't out. I mean. This woman KNEW IT HAD NOT BEEN RELEASED! And yet? WAS STILL LOOKING FOR IT!

This is what Christmas is all about, my friends. It's about shopping for gifts that are unavailable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home