wannabetvwriter

I be a good righter.

Friday, May 12, 2006

A Four Letter Word

Yeah. Okay. Jocular posts about Bob and Joe aside, I was actually a little worried. But, it was all for naught, because apparently person liked me. Bob actually seems to be liking me a lot more since that meeting and greets each email with a timely response. I actually get through to Bob on the phone right away. Things are going swimmingly. Well, as swimmingly as they can when one's husband is planning a move to Dublin...

Here's the thing, though. All this time I thought staffing was beyond my reach for this season. I maintained that getting an agent and anything afterward was merely gravy. And, I meant it. I've been happy sitting on the bench cheering my fellow TV writers on, crossing my fingers for them to get on staff. I'm still here, cheering my friends on. But, it's almost as if some metaphoric coach has directed me to get in the game. I wonder if he's John Hannah?

One foot on the field and this new sensation has arisen. It resides deep inside my stomach. It's an amoeba-sized pit. And, it has a name:

Hope.

2 Comments:

  • At May 12, 2006 2:14 PM, Blogger James said…

    Hope when you are an awesome person, talented writer, and cooker of fucking awesome bean dip.

    Things could be worse, you could have hope and be a copywriter from florida who likes writing about boot camps.

     
  • At May 14, 2006 12:35 AM, Blogger BooM said…

    Thanks, mom! Especially for reminding who I could be (but am not).

    Gah.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home