wannabetvwriter

I be a good righter.

Monday, October 22, 2007

UpChuck (new show regurgitation)

So, things have kind of changed in the past couple of weeks. Just look:

CHUCK

I really like you. I think you're sweet, your characters are broadening, changing, evolving. The storylines are still kind of like a bad 70's show. And sometimes the acting matches that. But, for the most part, you've grown on me. Like a spore.

REAPER

Sigh. This show makes me sad. I love me some Tara and Michele. I love me some geeks. I love me some supernatural on The CW. Except, every episode since the pilot has been a not-so-gentle rehashing of said pilot. Unlike CHUCK, the characters aren't evolving. And, maybe they don't need to be at this point. But, seriously, Sam's getting on my nerves. He knows the stakes if he doesn't do the soul-catching. He's known this since the pilot. But, every week, we get him trying to weasel out of his duties. The Sam/Andi wannabe Maddie/David... it's just not working. It's all... just so sad. Because, by all accounts, this show should be incredible. Instead, I feel like the Michele and Tara of REAPER are the Michele and Tara from LAW & ORDER SVU rather than from X-FILES. Go back to your roots, girls!

PUSHING DAISIES

Everyone loves this show. I mean, everyone. Except me. The pilot was eh, for me. The second ep, was much much better, and I thought I had a new favorite on my hands. But, then, it got into the plastic covered hands-holding. The third episode brought us the celophane kiss. Thing is, I'd totally love this if I knew that one day our beautiful Chuck and Pie Maker would be able to get together, you know, like, for reals. But, since I know that this is as deep as their physical relationship can get, I'm not interested in investing time in this couple. The rules are what they are. If the writers find a wonderfully quirky way to write themselves out of this corner, I'm happy to invest my time. Till then, I think this one's coming out of the TiVo.

BIG SHOTS

The first casualty of the season.

DIRTY SEXY MONEY

I don't know what it is, but this show has been piling up, unwatched since the pilot, in my TiVo. It's not something I can put my finger on, but it's not my go-to show. Hell, it's not even the last show I watch. It's just the show I no longer watch.

VIVA LAUGHLIN

Uh...

GOSSIP GIRL

Yes. I like it. I'm a sad sad person. But, at least I own it.

CANE & BIONIC WOMAN

Remain. In. My. TiVo.

And, last but not least:

LIFE

This is my number 1 favorite show. It has all the right elements of quirk, procedural, character reveals. If this show makes it, it will be the first thing I spec. Believe you me, that's a high high honor.

And, finally:

Big props to SCRIBBLE! He got into the WB workshop! He is god!

3 Comments:

  • At October 22, 2007 11:39 AM, Blogger Josh said…

    For the most part, my DVR agrees with you.

    Life is fantastic, and I'm very surprised. The only thing I don't like is how they repeat the exact same "documentary" interviews week to week. Seriously. Some have NO variation.

    Chuck is solid. It has issues, but it's charming enough that I'm invested.

    Gossip Girl is a guilty pleasure that's pretty well done for what it is.

    Unlike you, I have confidence that the Pushing Daisies writers can write themselves out of just about any corner, so I'm still on that bandwagon.

    Everything else I like so far kind of falls under guilty pleasure...

    Dirty Sexy Money always entertains me, and in a far lesser way...that I'm sad to admit...so does Big Shots.

    The shows I've de-TiVoed, I just won't even mention.

     
  • At October 22, 2007 11:41 AM, Blogger Scribble94 said…

    Thanks! Too few people recognize my status as a deity :). I'll keep you posted. The program starts this week.

     
  • At October 26, 2007 3:48 PM, Blogger Rhys said…

    You're not alone....Pushing Daisies is the scam of the season. Suckola! What's that saying? You can polish a turd but it's still a turd.

    I had a slight worry over Gossip Girl 2 eps back, but it's solid again and I am not ashamed to admit I do love to watch.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home