wannabetvwriter

I be a good righter.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Day 3: The SAG Pizza edition.

SAG sent us pizza! SAG FUCKING ROCKS!

My lord we were hungry. But none of us wanted to leave the line. What a great showing today, as predicted, better than yesterday -- no way it'll top tomorrow, though! We got props! And I don't mean the honking (which is fucking fucking awesome!)!

Seen: Many a writer is also apparently a drummer. We gotz the mad drumming skillz. Especially one co-creator.

Seen: Me saying Spoon! To the guy who created Spoon! Yeah, I was a little starstruck at that one. He be awesome. And then we chanted together, and I walked away, because seriously, I would have said something stupid, like:

Overheard: Me bein' an asshat and saying to writer I'd just met: "Wow, I've loved you since you wrote for X!" Writer: "Uh, I never wrote for X." Me: "Oh shit." Writer: "Let's pretend I did, though, way awesome credit!"

Guy/Gal who was at gate 4, we should have some sort of secret code so that we can meet. You doing morning or afternoon shift tomorrow? Email me (inside profile).

It's bigger, it's loud, it's awesome. Variety sez it'll go on till 2008. I say, as much as we don't want it to go on forevers: we're just getting comfortable.

Interesting note between the two shifts? AM is WAY more ghetto. So awesome. PM is WAY hardcore. Also awesome.

Seen: SAG actor handing out his card. He does stunts AND he acts. Way cool. Except, you know, not.

Seen: Other SAG-ites marching day in, day out. Guy above ain't representin'.

Got loads of cards today -- from random people on the street. One was for something about streaming video. Ironic. Another was for free something -- I was excited at the time, but, uh, it's in my jeans pocket, and those came off as soon as I entered the house -- I think maybe it was for coffee?

idiotic aside, I forgot my keys, so when the awesome Kira dropped me off (go carpooling!) I was a little stuck. Thankfully, hubby came home 15 mins later. So, no big. Mainly, I be an idiot.

Seen (and heard): A chick, ready to cross the line, us chanting, her disgruntled. She rolls down her window: "I just have a general [meeting] give me a break." Not sure if she's SAG or what, but we were supposed to give her a break. Sure, lady. Hope you flubbed your general!

Seen: A Porsche Cayenne purposefully steer toward the sidewalk. Speeding. Right at me. Thankfully he whizzed on by. But, I'd have taken that hit.

Heard: a million fucking awesme honks. HONK!

Felt: unity, inspired, grateful.

Feel: Exhausted. Wish I could write more betterer right now.

2 Comments:

  • At November 07, 2007 8:57 PM, Blogger Kira Snyder said…

    >>Variety sez it'll go on till 2008. I say, who cares.

    Well, me for one. :) Every writer on that line is sacrificing -- from Shawn Ryan missing his own series finale to freelancers living from script to script -- as well as our staff, cast, and crew. And the effects of the strike are already rippling through town. It's a scary race when you don't know where the finish line is.

    The sooner we can get to a fair contract and get back to work, the better! C'mon, AMPTP. Don't hate, negotiate.

    (P.s. Sorry about the keys! Maybe you caught that from Shawna...)

     
  • At November 08, 2007 7:18 AM, Blogger BooM said…

    Kira,

    You're absolutely right. My meaning, as I'm sure you know, was more rallying. I adjusted the sentence -- thanks for pointing it out!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home