wannabetvwriter

I be a good righter.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"Go Fuck Yourselves!"

... yells the man in the black pick-up truck. At 6:30 ayem.

A woman in a BMW nearly drove into the entire line of picketers. She mouthed the words, "I'm late for work," as she inched closer and closer to us. Pushing her way through.

To the FOX employees: I ain't impressed. At all.

I've been at FOX all week -- took yesterday off from the Blog, in solidarity with all the other bloggers -- did it help? Who knows. I don't think Sumner Redstone was affected when my Blog went black. Or... maybe he's a fan?

But, right now? After today at FOX? This is the angriest I've been. So angry that I blew off the mounds of work I really should be doing (sorry, boss -- I'll get it to you ASAP!), and headed to The Bike to play some poker. I lost some, I won some. I came out $0.50 ahead. Wish it'd been possible to come out $0.04 ahead -- because, you know, funny.

I'm sick of Strike predictions (especially the Predictions of Doom). I'm sick of Strike-related talk (especially the Talk of Doom). I'm sick of writers saying things like, "did ______ get let go because of us?" IT IS NOT BECAUSE OF "US." It's because of "THEM." When you believe it, everyone else will, too.

I'm sick of strikers not acknowledging people's honks. Would it kill you to show your appreciation? I'm not talking a "whooo!" or a "hells YEAH!" I don't want you to go outside your comfort zone. Maybe, I don't know, wave to them? Shoot a "peace" sign? Pump your fist? I'm not here to tell you how you should go about it, but seriously, people. These folks are honking because they believe in the cause. They believe in what the writers are striking for. They're making noise to show their solidarity.

I mean, you're fucking holding signs up that say "HONK." So, be appreciative.

Sorry. I'm just getting irritated. These kind folks are honking their asses off, so LOVE THEM FOR IT!

In other completely depressing news, it's hard for me to watch TV these days. Knowing that original programming will come to an end. I'm rationing shows on my TiVo, where I can... because, I will always be, first and foremost, a TV fan. Losing original content... it's like losing a loved one.

There are a few petitions making the rounds out there. However, I believe, the action of not clicking on any of THEIR websites until this is resolved, it will cost them a shitload of money. This is something that THEY can actually understand.

So, I'm pleading with you. If you're a fan, as I am, please sign this petition. It's kind of like saying,

"Hey Nick (& Co.), GO FUCK YOURSELVES!"

Much-needed water and snacks were brought by TJ Thyne from BONES. Much needed morning pastries were brought by "anonymous" with a cryptic (either religious or anti-religious), hand-written message on its top. And donuts were brought by some fucking evil person who must hate me. Why else would they bring me my absolute favorite donut in the entire world? Where it taunts me from inside its box. Whispering,

"One bite won't kill you, that's right. I'm sweet. I'm maple-y. I'll make the morning go faster, and I barely have any calories. In fact, I'll help you lose weight!"

So, you know, of course I have to eat it. And for ten minutes I'm in love with the person who brought it. Then I curse their name -- well, I would if I knew it! Or, I would secretly love them, and hope that they bring the maple-y goodness again tomorrow. But don't tell anyone, or I'll sic the guy in the pick-up truck on you!

2 Comments:

  • At November 15, 2007 5:05 AM, Blogger Scott Nicholson said…

    The Horror Writers Association, on behalf of its writer members, stands in support of the Writers Guild of America strike in seeking appropriate compensation for writers when their work is distributed digitally, either via DVD or Internet downloads. Although HWA is not a union, it is an organization of writers that advocates for authors' rights. Writers Guild of America and its demands fall solidly into this category. All writers will be affected by the outcome of this strike, and we stand in solidarity, resisting those who seek to distribute our work on the Internet, DVD, or any format without fair compensation.

    Deborah LeBlanc, HWA President
    Scott Nicholson, HWA VP

     
  • At November 15, 2007 12:56 PM, Blogger Josh said…

    Yeah, I brought a few croissants yesterday. Couldn't imagine anyone wanted more donuts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home