wannabetvwriter

I be a good righter.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

I should be over the moon.

But...

I'm not.

Variety Sez: "Joss Whedon is heading back to TV-- along with his "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel" ingenue, Eliza Dushku. Dushku will star in the Whedon-penned series "Dollhouse," which has been given a seven-episode order by Fox. News came as an extra-big Halloween treat for Whedon fans, considered some of the most passionate in all of TV.

Produced by 20th Century Fox TV -- the studio also behind "Buffy," "Angel" and Whedon's late, lamented "Firefly" -- "Dollhouse" follows a top-secret world of people programmed with different personalities, abilities and memories depending on their mission.

After each assignment -- which can be physical, romantic or even illegal -- the characters have their memories wiped clean, and are sent back to a lab (dubbed the "Dollhouse"). Show centers on Dushku's character, Echo, as she slowly begins to develop some self-awareness, which impacts her missions."
More here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm jumping for fucking joy because Joss be back! But, uh, I'm not loving this idea. It's Joss AND Tim, so, you know, anything could happen. I have faith in these guys, I really really do. But, uh, yeah -- I'm a little dubious about a show where people are "living out their fantasies with a top secret world of people." I'm also dubious about the boys hanging out with FOX. That's usually the recipe used when making disaster. Or cookies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home