wannabetvwriter

I be a good righter.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Incredible DAY FOUR!

A lot of people are asking what they can do. I know folks is broke, so feeding thousands of hungry writers isn't really an option for you. If you've got time to spare, simply swinging by and picking up a sign is not only enough, but one hundred percent welcomed and encouraged.

If you're out of the area, you know what? I'm just gonna be a bitch and say it: Don't watch TV tonight, instead, whatever shows you were going to watch or download? Maybe don't download them from iTunes or NBC.com? Maybe find a way to get them elsewhere? I don't know where you'd get them -- because I'd never ask you to do anything illegal -- like download episodes for free until the writers are actually paid for those "promos."

Other things you can do, as I suggested before, inundate the network websites telling them exactly how you're going to feel about watching a shitload of reruns. How you feel about the upcoming "Abortion Nation," or whatever they're pulling out of their asses.

Got a favorite show? How's about sending pie crusts to the studio that makes PUSHING DAISIES? Or, uh... Gym towels on behalf of OLD CHRISTINE? What about something for DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES? I don't know. I'm completely brain dead. And, I've never been as clever as those folks who sent nuts to JERICHO. But, yeah, you want to do something? Think about ways to literally SHOW the studios and the networks that without you guys, the advertisers ain't got no one to target.

Other suggestions are SOOOOO welcome!

Back to Day Four:

So, I got a little verklempt. Seriously misty. Mainly because I'm a big baby.

Here's the thing:

Fans of SUPERNATURAL brought snacks. With notes attached. Those notes? "See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil" All of those words were scratched out. In their stead was written: "WRITE NO EVIL!" One of the SUPERNATURAL fans stayed and hung out and chanted and rallied and generally was fucking awesome. So, if you're wondering what you can do, if you live in LA, and you've got an hour or more or less (even five minutes), come on by, pick up a sign and scream yer lungs out!

Here's the other thing:

I forgot to mention yesterday, this awesome lady. She was an extra on ER. She snuck out, and picketed with us for a god half hour. GO EXTRA CHICK!

Here's another thing (and this is where I get verklempt):

I bring power bars with me, WGA provides some snacks, but one does get a little hungry out there, if you read my hubby's post, I'm sure you understand. The most awesomest fucking people brought us food today. First off, UTA brought us breakfast. GO UTA (weren't they also the first agency to suggest pay cuts for the upper level agents so that the lower levels would be safe? I could be totally making that up, but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere)!

Then! Then! If that weren't enough? People brought us donuts! (Not sure who, though, if you know, let me know and I'll bust out the props!).

Fo lunch, the most brilliantest, most deliciously appreciated lunch was brought to us by French 75 Bistro. Looks like, from their website, they've got a few locations. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE eat there. They are of the extreme awesome! Right after that, Taco Bell brought over shitloads of burritos! How fucking awesome is that?

Yes, people, after shouting and ranting and wooing all morning, my eyes got a little watery when these most excellent folks donated their time and products to us. Please please please eat there!

There was another fan who came out, with her gorgeous baby, to give her support. She was sooooo awesome.

Seen: TV's CHUCK. As in Chuck from CHUCK. You know, that show I've grown to love? He was out there, in full costume (unless he wears that normally), making sure he was seen by the drivers-by, showing us the love. How fucking cool is that for him to do? Yesterday, the entire cast of SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES came out in solidarity! (Haven't seen the pilot? It hasn't aired. I definitely wouldn't urge you to download it on bit torrent, because that would be wrong of me to do. However, the pilot's absolutely awesome).

Also seen: A writer on whom I have a HUGE writer's crush. Like, I wish I could write that well. Had to avoid him, though one of his writers wanted to introduce me. A. I'm not there to network. B. I doubt I would have said anything that made any sort of sense.

Okay, if I remember anything else, I'll post it. Until then, I'll see you tomorrow. Day 5 should be interesting. Please please please, if you've got time, show up. Honk. Whatevers. It's ALL appreciated. Even the idea that you want to help is helping!

6 Comments:

  • At November 08, 2007 5:56 PM, Blogger Julie O'Hora said…

    Awesome post! So happy we're getting so much support out there. I'm blabbing to anyone who'll read or listen, trying to edumacate the masses.

    Food is Good. UTA is smart.

    I'd be such a weeper if I were there. You're not alone. Well, you might be the only weeper there, so in that case, you kinda *are* alone, but I think you get me.

    Are your feet tingling? I'm thinking about you! ;)

     
  • At November 08, 2007 7:15 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    Hey! I am that SUPERNATURAL fan! And after all the amazing TV shows writers have brought me over the years, the least I could do was stay and chant for awhile. I had a great time actually. Thanks for all the love!

    ~ Kelley

     
  • At November 08, 2007 7:31 PM, Blogger Kira Snyder said…

    Sounds like the morning was great, BooM, thanks for the recap -- the p.m. was too.

    And if yesterday was the Day of the Noisemakers, today was the Day of the Yummy Food from Supporters. When I reported in, there were plenty of eats left over from the donations you mentioned, PLUS, and how awesome is this, fans from MOONLIGHT came with a bunch of pizzas and a sign about how Moonlight Fans support the writers. They even brought a load of pizzas to CBS first. Go fans!

     
  • At November 08, 2007 8:26 PM, Blogger BooM said…

    HEY! YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! For reals. Not sure where we'll be tomorrow -- I think FOX around 10. Hope to see you!

     
  • At November 08, 2007 8:31 PM, Blogger BooM said…

    Kira,

    Bummed that I missed you. Couldn't stay. See youse at FOX, text me when you're there! Dood, your MOONLIGHT crew is the fucking bomb!

     
  • At November 09, 2007 12:48 AM, Blogger Shawna said…

    Stupid day job. I want to be out there, and of course, since everyone is going to Fox tomorrow, I can't try to get out on my lunch break to picket. I'll be with you in spirit. In fact, if you want to take a little photo of me holding a tiny picket, that would be super cool. I can take one of me wearing a red shirt if that helps. Or I might have a red shirt-wearing picture on Myspace. Not sure.

    Anyway, you two have crazy fun and be all tough and stuff with the mob that will be at Fox tomorrow. Should be very awesomely cool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home