wannabetvwriter

I be a good righter.

Monday, September 08, 2008

Purple People Eaters

I once wrote a short story. I'm not all that into the short story writing world, mind you. I only did it because it was shorter than writing a feature for the original portion of the CBS Mentorship application. I ended up semi-finalist that year, they loved the short story apparently.

In this short story, I have a guy who bets the house (literally) on Aaron Rodgers as first round draft pick. I have no idea if anyone remembers this year, but Alex Smith was the biggest upset/delight/surprise of the weekend.

Tonight. Aaron Rodgers played his heart out. I wish I could say that about my Vikes. I feel like it was karma somehow. Yet, I can't quite make the connection.

I'm going to take off my no-longer-new Peterson jersey and like my character did when he learned he'd lost his house, I'm going to drink myself into oblivion.

Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home