wannabetvwriter

I be a good righter.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Z is for Zombie

I was insanely drunk yesterday. It's my one day of drinking binge of the year. It happened a little later than normal, but then, it took this long for the Vikings to win.

For some reason when I drink I can't sleep very well. And for some reason last night I was overly stressed out despite the gallons of alcohol coursing through my veins. And for some reason, the first time I woke up, I thought about Zombies. I have no idea why. But then I started thinking about jobs and lack of and scripts and lack of and deadlines and not a lack of. And generally stressing out.

So, I decided to think about Zombies again.

Zombies are not particularly calming, per se. Especially the flesh eating ones. But I created some gnawers, not actual eaterers. And, I don't think they were after me, really. They just kind of were.

And after thinking about the Zombies for a while, I fell back asleep.

I guess it's like counting sheep if the sheep are people and happen to be undead.

In all, I woke up four times last night. And four out of four times, the Zombies lulled me back to sleep.

Thank you strange, gnawing Zombies.

Go Vikes. And go Zombies!

This post brought to you by the letter Zzzzzzzzzz.

2 Comments:

  • At September 22, 2008 9:07 PM, Blogger Emily Blake said…

    OMG that is so weird! I think about zombies to calm myself too, I shit you not. Maybe it's because their movements are so predictable but there are so many different ways they can show up.

     
  • At September 23, 2008 9:13 AM, Blogger BooM said…

    This was a lot like one's friends showing up and ineffectually gumming at one's arm.

    I have no idea why that was calming.

    But I felt certain of all the people who might get it, you'd be number one.

    Thanks for being as freaky as I.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home