wannabetvwriter

I be a good righter.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Obama.

Because I had to be somewhere at 9:30 PST, I listened to the swearing in of President Barack Obama in my car. I'll admit that, because I'm a big baby, I pulled over at one point because I had some things in my eyes. They're called tears.

That didn't last long because of the commentary. Look, I get that the commentators are paid by the word. Or something. But seriously guys, think before you speak.


FEMALE COMMENTATOR: And Marine One has taken off.

MALE COMMENTATOR: Uh, it's not called Marine One if the President isn't on it.

FEMALE COMMENTATOR: Bush is on it.

MALE: He's not the President anymore.

Silence.

Then,

FEMALE COMMENTATOR: And the biggest highlight of today is seeing those girls skip across the stage!

Now. I didn't see it, so I can't say for sure that it wasn't the biggest highlight. But, I'm fairly certain it wasn't. I'm fairly certain that honor goes to our new President being sworn in (some slight mishaps there, but, you know).

Sigh.

President Obama. I am not going to tire of hearing that for, like, ever.

President Barack Ofuckingbama.

Congratulations America. I'm proud to be one of yours again.

1 Comments:

  • At January 21, 2009 3:13 PM, Blogger James said…

    The biggest highlight was the Chief Justice flubbing his only part of the show.

    And Aretha's hat.

    Oy Aretha.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home