wannabetvwriter

I be a good righter.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Let's get started.

So.

Where were we?

Oh. That's right. The complete suckage that has been 2009.

The (soon-to-be-ex) Hubby acts like a prick, suggests divorce as an option, I freak. A week later, I get a panicked email from my (now) boss. He needs me to start immediately. As in, the day he's sending the email. I just can't start that day. I'm in bed. Recovering. I don't think I can ever get out of bed again.

I'm staying at my dad's at this point. And on one of the few times I venture out of my room I mention the email. My dad rallies me. This is the job I've been working toward. For a fucking long time. This is not the time to be knee-deep in a pity party. This is the time to divert my attention and "revel in what the Lord is bringing me." Dad's words, not mine.

So, I call my (now) boss. Tell him that I can start the following day.

My job is as an assistant on a Kick Ass TV Show. I don't want to get into a hell of a lot of detail, because, you know, I'm not completely anonymous here. No one really is on the internet, I've found.

ANYWAY.

There isn't a lot of point to this story. I'm just sort of trying to figure out how to talk about my job in a way that I would want to read about it without, you know, actually losing my job.

So, you're just going to have to deal while I figure it out. 'Kay?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home